The Observatory on LONG TERM CARE (OLTC) of CERGAS – SDA Bocconi was launched in 2018. OLTC is devoted to provide high value research and relevant opportunities to discuss about the current and future state of Long Term Care (LTC) in Italy, namely care oriented to elderly with long term care needs.
AIMS AND SCOPES
The aims of the Observatory are:
- To support the public debate about LTC in Italy and provide networking opportunity to spread knowledge and visions about this sector
- To share knowledge and data about LTC in Italy and support evidence based policy making
- To promote a service management perspective in LTC sector.
To achieve these aims the Observatory is oriented toward monitoring:
- LTC sector features in terms of epidemiology and statistics about elderly in need of care, availability of care services, public and private funding, public and private care settings
- Relations between LTC sector, Health Care and Social Care sector
- Service providers features and service management practices in the field
- Technological and non-technological innovation in the field.
ACTIVITIES & OUTPUTS
Every year OLTC researchers promote:
- Research activities based on direct involvement of key actors and desk based activities
- Research day during which evidences are collected and discussed together with key actors
- Network meetings with providers (Keyproviders network)
- Public conference to present research outputs and discuss specific topics with the public audience
Every year a research report is published:
- 2019-2020 report: "Le prospettive per il sistema socio-sanitario oltre la pandemia. Terzo rapporto Osservatorio Long Term Care", Egea, 2021
- 2018-2019 report: " Il futuro del settore LTC. Prospettive dai servizi, dai gestori e dalle policy regionali. Secondo rapporto Osservatorio Long Term Care", Egea, 2019.
- 2017-2018 report: "L'innovazione e il cambiamento nel settore della Long Term Care. Primo Rapporto Osservatorio Long Term Care", Egea, 2018.
Researches carried out by OLTC and its researchers are published either at national or international levels. Here you can find a list of relevant publications: click here
- Sara Berloto
- Giovanni Fosti (scientific supervisor)
- Francesco Longo
- Elisabetta Notarnicola (coordinator)
- Eleonora Perobelli
- Andrea Rotolo
OLTC is promoted in institutional partnership with Essity Italy.
EVENTS & NEWS
- Convegno 17 Settembre 2018 “Prospettive per il settore sociosanitario: dal presente al futuro, l’evoluzione della cura agli anziani" click here
- OLTC in the news 2018: download
- Convegno 25 Settembre 2019 “Il Futuro del settore Long Term Care: prospettive dai servizi, dai gestori e dalle policy regionali”
- OLTC in the news 2019: download
- Convegno 17 febbraio 2021 "Le prospettive del sistema socio-sanitario oltre la pandemia"